Language

Language: 1 [MASS NOUN] The method of human communication, either spoken or written, consisting of the use of words in a structured and conventional way.

Tuesday 13 January 2015

My Favourite Movies of my Childhood (and Today)

There are many movies that I like, but today I will speak of the films that I have liked since I was a little child. These three films that I’m going to talk about are from 1993, 1994 and 1995. I was born in 1994, so these films have accompanied me during my whole short life. I think if I count the times I've seen these three films the number of times would be around the million. Well, maybe I have exaggerated a bit. However, I have seen these movies a lot of times. These are my favourite films:

1.-Toy Story: I saw this movie so many times that the tape broke. Two years ago my mother gave me the entire trilogy as a present for Christmas. The film is about the toys of Andy, a child with a lot of imagination who enjoys playing with them. However, there comes Andy’s birthday and the toys begin to fear being replaced by some toy better than them. So Buzz comes to Andy’s home Buzz, a galactic toy with all the things that a toy could wish. Woody starts to feel replaced by Buzz but a great adventure during the move of Andy’s family will change everything. Here you can listen “You’ve got a friend in me”, from the intro of the movie:


2.-The Nightmare before Christmas: Jack is the most venerated person of Halloween Town, but he feels sad and lonely, he doesn’t want to be always the king of scares. One day he accidentally finds Christmas Town and gets amazed by the joy and the entire atmosphere of the town and decides that the inhabitants of Halloween Town will celebrate Christmas. However, things will not go well. Here you can listen “This is Halloween”, from the intro of the movie.


3.-The Lion King: If you’ve read Hamlet, the plot of this film will sound familiar to you. The lion Mufasa is the king of the Pride Lands and Simba, his son, is the heir to the throne. However, Scar, Mufasa's brother, aims to take the throne and will do everything in his power to achieve their goal. Here you can see one of my favourite scenes from the movie:


I highly recommend you these three films, I never get tired of watching them. Moreover, every time I watch them I discover something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment